Imagine a center for sustainable living on the edge of Madison where...
- People young and old come together to learn skills like organic gardening and cheesemaking
- Beginning CSA farmers can build their businesses on the incubator farm
- Startup agricultural enterprises, like small-scale food processors, can flourish
- The year-round market provides a direct connection between consumers and producers
- Acres of community gardens bring people together and foster a deep sense of community
This is the type of place we want to see in Fitchburg's northeast corner - not another sprawl development like the current plan calls for. Learn more...
Latest Events (show all)
On Tuesday, November 26th, the Fitchburg Common Council will be reviewing and voting on a plan to move forward in developing Fitchburg's North Stoner Prairie Neighborhood. This meeting, at 7:30pm in the Council Chambers of Fitchburg City Hall, is open to the public and is a great opportunity to have your voice heard! You will have an opportunity to register in opposition of the plan as well as the chance to stand up and speak to the common council and let them know that opening the NSPN for development right now is not in the best interest of the taxpayers.