Home » Events
On Tuesday, November 26th, the Fitchburg Common Council will be reviewing and voting on a plan to move forward in developing Fitchburg's North Stoner Prairie Neighborhood. This meeting, at 7:30pm in the Council Chambers of Fitchburg City Hall, is open to the public and is a great opportunity to have your voice heard! You will have an opportunity to register in opposition of the plan as well as the chance to stand up and speak to the common council and let them know that opening the NSPN for development right now is not in the best interest of the taxpayers.
Join us on Sunday on October 27th at the Fitchburg Library, 5530 Lacy Road, from 4:45 to 7pm for a chance to share some delicious food with your neighbors and to discuss the future of the Northeast Neighborhood. We'll have speakers on the issues, plenty of time for a Q&A about what is at stake in the NEN, and opportunities to express your opinion to Fitchburg's elected leaders. Please bring a dish to pass and your place service (plate, silverware, cup), and don't worry, we'll have everyone home in time for the Packers kickoff at 7:30pm. If you don't choose to eat, you are still welcome, but everyone needs to be in the building by 5, because the library's doors close at that time.
Very soon (fall of 2013) the Fitchburg Common Council may decide to apply to the Capital Area Regional Planning Commission (CARPC), to extend Urban Services to the "Northeast Neighborhood." Before they commit more taxpayer dollars to yet another development project, we urge them to: (Read more…)
The Plan Commission voted to approve sending the Northeast Neighborhood to the Capital Area Regional Planning Commission for permission to develop. But it's the Common Council that decides, and you can add your voice to the many urging a delay in the process. Click here to read the facts and what you can do. http://mad.ly/956a83
Come Sunday, June 21st, 1:00-5:00 PM to this workshop is offered in conjunction with an international conference on wetlands co-sponsored by the Society of Wetland Scientists, Wisconsin Wetlands Association, and the Wetland Biogeochemistry.
Please join us for another exciting and informational potluck program with your favorite speaker, University of Wisconsin Professor, Dr. Cal DeWitt. Join your neighbors for a fun and educational evening!
- June 2008
- May 20th - NE Neighborhood Land Use Committee Meetings (04-Jun-08 19:31)
- February 2008
- February 24th - "A Better Future" presentation and social (20-Feb-08 13:43)
- February 7th - Last day of comments to CARPC! (06-Feb-08 15:39)
- January 2008
- February 5th you are invited to peek into the future of Fitchburg (30-Jan-08 14:31)
- January 24th Public Hearing of the Capital Area Regional Planning Comission (CARPC) (16-Jan-08 08:49)
- January 15th Presentation of New Research by Dr. Cal DeWitt (12-Jan-08 20:30)
- October 2007
- October 6th and 7th - Harvest Festival! (01-Oct-07 19:13)
- September 2007
- September 13th Water Talk with Bradbury and Grunden (10-Sep-07 05:36)
- August 2007
- September 4th Northeast Neighborhood Public Hearing (31-Aug-07 18:31)
- August 7th Growth Boundary Public Hearing (04-Aug-07 16:27)
- July 2007
- April 2007